Bamboo House Cookstown is a popular restaurant that offers a variety of Chinese and Thai cuisine. Located in Cookstown, Northern Ireland, the restaurant is known for its delicious food, friendly staff, and reasonable prices. In this article, we will review the Bamboo House Cookstown menu, its subheadings, and provide a conclusion on what you can expect from this restaurant.
The Bamboo House Cookstown menu is divided into several categories, including starters, soups, Thai curries, Chinese dishes, noodle dishes, rice dishes, and sides. The menu offers an extensive selection of vegetarian, meat, and seafood dishes, as well as a range of spicy and mild options.
The starters section of the Bamboo House Cookstown menu offers a range of options, including spring rolls, dumplings, and crispy seaweed. The restaurant’s signature dish, the salt and chili chicken wings, is also available in this section. The starters are a great way to sample some of the restaurant’s most popular dishes before moving on to the main course.
The soups section of the Bamboo House Cookstown menu features a variety of options, including hot and sour soup, chicken noodle soup, and seafood soup. These soups are perfect for warming up on a chilly day or as a light starter before the main course.
The Thai curries section of the menu offers a range of spicy and flavorful options, including green curry, red curry, and massaman curry. Customers can choose from vegetarian, meat, or seafood options and select the level of spiciness they prefer.
The Chinese dishes section of the menu includes popular options such as sweet and sour chicken, beef in black bean sauce, and kung po chicken. Customers can also select from a range of vegetable and tofu dishes.
The noodle dishes section of the menu includes a range of options, including chow mein, Singapore noodles, and pad Thai. Customers can choose from vegetarian, meat, or seafood options, and select the level of spiciness they prefer.
Bamboo House is a popular Taiwanese restaurant chain known for its delicious rice dishes. Here are some of their most popular rice dishes:
- Three Cup Chicken Rice: This is a classic Taiwanese dish made with chicken marinated in soy sauce, sesame oil, and rice wine. It’s served over a bed of rice and garnished with basil leaves.
- Braised Pork Rice: This is a comfort food staple in Taiwan, made with succulent pork belly that’s been slow-cooked in a soy sauce and five-spice powder mixture. It’s served over a bed of steaming hot rice and topped with a boiled egg.
- Taiwanese Sausage Rice: This is a simple yet satisfying dish made with sliced Taiwanese sausages, fried eggs, and a drizzle of soy sauce. It’s a popular breakfast dish in Taiwan, but it’s also great for lunch or dinner.
- Beef Noodle Soup: While not a rice dish per se, Bamboo House is also known for its beef noodle soup, a hearty and savory dish made with tender beef, chewy noodles, and a flavorful broth. It’s perfect for warming up on a chilly day.
- Stir-Fried Beef with Scallion Rice: This is a flavorful and satisfying dish made with thinly sliced beef, scallions, and a savory soy sauce mixture. It’s served over a bed of rice and topped with crispy fried garlic.
The mains at Bamboo House Cookstown are the highlight of the restaurant’s menu. The restaurant offers a wide range of dishes, including meat, seafood, and vegetarian options. The restaurant’s signature dishes include crispy aromatic duck, sweet and sour chicken, and beef in black bean sauce. The crispy aromatic duck is a favorite among regulars, as it is prepared using a special blend of spices and served with pancakes, cucumber, and hoisin sauce.
For seafood lovers, the restaurant offers a range of dishes, including prawn chow mein, spicy squid, and fish in black bean sauce. The prawn chow mein is a standout dish, as it is prepared using stir-fried noodles with prawns, vegetables, and a flavorful sauce. Vegetarians can also enjoy a range of dishes, including mixed vegetable chow mein, stir-fried tofu, and spicy aubergine.
Rice and Noodles:
Rice and noodles are an essential part of any Chinese meal, and Bamboo House Cookstown offers a range of options to accompany your main dish. The restaurant offers fried rice, boiled rice, and egg fried rice, and customers can choose to add vegetables, meat, or seafood to their rice dishes. The noodle options include chow mein, vermicelli, and udon noodles, and customers can also add vegetables, meat, or seafood to their noodle dishes.
The desserts at Bamboo House Cookstown are the perfect way to end your meal. The restaurant offers a range of traditional Chinese desserts, including mango pudding, deep-fried ice cream, and banana fritters. The deep-fried ice cream is a standout dessert, as it is prepared using a scoop of ice cream coated in bread crumbs and deep-fried until crispy.
Bamboo House Cookstown is a must-visit restaurant for anyone looking to enjoy delicious Chinese cuisine in a warm and welcoming environment. The restaurant’s menu offers a range of appetizers, mains, rice and noodle dishes, and desserts, catering to all tastes and preferences. Whether you’re a meat lover, seafood enthusiast, or vegetarian, there is something for everyone at Bamboo House Cookstown.