The Microsoft Edge browser is fast, secure, and lets you save time and money while protecting your data. With one seamless experience, you can navigate the web from your phone to your computer and other signed-in devices. Tracking prevention, AdBlock, and InPrivate browsing help you stay safe online.
Microsoft Edge Android: 5 Top Features You’ll Love
Microsoft Edge Android offers many innovative features that Chrome does not. Here are seven of them.
Edge for Android has been in line with its desktop counterpart since it was upgraded to Chromium 92. With Edge version, 92 and later, innovative features have been added to the mobile platform due to the unification of the mobile and desktop codebases.
Edge on Android means being able to sync and share things that matter across all your devices, and enjoying safer, easier, and smarter browsing.
1. Faster and smoother edges
In a slow browser with high memory usage, you might experience this when a site takes a long time to load.
A good browsing experience requires faster response times and shorter load times, which Microsoft Edge Android provides. Edge is much faster and smoother than the previous release on Chromium 77.
Now you can browse without lag, and do more, and faster.
2. With the updated password manager, you can browse worry-free
It can be challenging to remember and save all the passwords we use on our phones to work, connect, take a course, watch a movie, and much more.
In Edge, you can not only save passwords securely but also sign in automatically to websites. It even suggests passwords.
You can set it up as follows:
- On the Home Screen, tap your Profile picture, then tap on Account Name. The Accounts page will appear, and Passwords will be enabled by default.
- The Save Password option is on by default, so Edge will automatically save your passwords for apps and websites.
- You can now toggle Auto Sign-in on to automatically sign in to websites with your stored credentials.
Also, you can enable Autofill for other apps, so when you’re browsing on Edge, you can quickly sign in to Instagram or Pinterest with your saved credentials.
Edge can suggest a strong password to you when you’re creating a password for an app or site if you’ve enabled Strong passwords. It’s particularly useful when you’re trying to log in quickly but can’t think of one instantly.
3. Send tabs across platforms and devices
When you use a Microsoft Edge Android account to access apps across devices, you can share your tabs and browsing history. But Edge now takes this a step further: you can send links across Windows, macOS, and Android devices.
- Ensure that Edge is installed on all your devices and that you are logged in to your Microsoft account.
- You can now share any web page by tapping the menu and selecting Send to devices.
- A list of your connected devices will appear when you click Send link to your devices.
- To send a link to a connected desktop, select the desktop and then tap Send.
4. Take a screenshot from the browser
With Edge, you can take screenshots of web pages without using the phone’s screenshot features.
You can take a screenshot of any web page by following these steps:
- On the browser screen, tap the Share icon.
- Tap the Screenshot icon at the bottom left of the page to take a screenshot.
- You can share the screenshot via email, Bluetooth, or any app by tapping the Share icon on the bottom right.
5. With the built-in ad blocker, you can stay focused
Edge for Android comes with a built-in ad blocker that lets you block most ads, show acceptable ads, or block all ads so you can browse faster and without distractions.
When you set up Edge for the first time, you can turn on ad blocking. Otherwise, you can turn it on later in the settings.
Most ads can be blocked by following these steps:
- Go to Settings > Privacy and security by tapping the three-dot menu button.
- Block ads by turning them on.
- With the Allow acceptable ads option enabled, you will see non-intrusive, respectful ads.
- Additionally, you can whitelist websites to allow all ads on them using the Exceptions option.
New features added to Microsoft Edge beta for Android
Android offers plenty of browsers, but Microsoft Edge was unexpectedly announced back in October for the mobile platform. Edge for Android incorporates features like Continue on PC, Favorites, Reading List, and Reading View. Because Edge uses Chrome’s Blink engine, it is also extremely snappy.
Microsoft Edge beta version received a new update today that supports the automatic translation of web pages. This feature is being tested with beta testers and will work when users load a website in a different language.
The feature lets you translate web pages that are in a different language than the one configured on the device. You can disable it via the settings menu. The update also improves performance.
It is worth noting that these improvements are currently available for beta users and should be released to the public soon if no major bugs are discovered.
In my experience, Edge for Android is very fast, and you can see for yourself by downloading the browser from the Play Store.
An easy-to-use interface
The best thing about Microsoft Defender is that it doesn’t need to be installed. As the default antivirus on Windows 10 and 11, it protects you against malware in real time.
With Microsoft Defender, you do not need to be tech-savvy. Even if you want to configure additional features, the steps to do so are fairly simple. In fact, you can perform system scans with just a few clicks.
As a free antivirus, Microsoft Defender quickly makes the top 10. But, as a free antivirus, it has its limitations and can leave your PC vulnerable to malware.
In order to obtain more comprehensive malware protection, you might want to consider investing in premium antivirus software.
Backup of data
Despite the fact that Microsoft Defender cannot detect and eliminate ransomware, it allows you to use OneDrive to back up your data and save your files in the event of a PC attack.
During a ransomware attack, you can also set up Controlled folder access to protect specific folders from unauthorized changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can Microsoft Edge be used on mobile devices?
With Microsoft Edge, you can browse on the go with better protection and privacy, and you can sync your favorites, passwords, and more across your desktop and mobile devices.
2. What can I do to make Microsoft Edge more efficient?
Is efficiency mode available on desktops?
- Select Settings and more > Settings > System and performance in Microsoft Edge.
- Turn on efficiency mode under Optimize Performance.
3. Where is the mobile mode in Edge?
The Device Toolbar opens in Responsive Viewport Mode by default when you select Customize and control DevTools ( … ) > Device Emulation.